Concepta was recommended to the Disney Events team based on previous successful collaborations with other Disney divisions.
Project scope and goals:
The primary goal for this project was to design and develop an innovative data-driven event management app that performed three key functions:
- Provide event managers with an easy-to-use tool for controlling event-day logistics
- Collect data that can be used for personalized marketing and experience optimization
- Ensure that guests, cast members, and their plus-ones have a fun, stress-free experience
To deliver the results Disney Events expected, we relied on a proven methodology based on transparency, meticulous planning, speedy development sprints, and a commitment to quality work.
After consulting with the team at Disney, we created a transparent roadmap that incorporated the company’s unique needs. Weeks later, we had a working prototype, and weeks after that, the user-facing app was ready to launch.
- Virtual Event Exploration
- Activity Tracking
- Live Location-Based Park Navigation
- Parking Locator
- Live Notifications for: Schedule Changes, Ride Closures, Weather Impacts
- Character Sightings
- Restaurant Menus
- Character Sighting Schedules
- Crowd Management Tools
- And More…
An optimized event experience, at every unique user’s fingertips
One of the major challenges for this project was creating a solution that worked for event managers and Disney executives while also enriching the experience for individual guests and cast members. Here are a few ways we made that happen:
- Easier event day navigation throughout the park
With tools for locating parking spots, tracking activities, and even planning out character sightings, the event app made it much easier and faster for guests and cast members to make their way through the park.
- Instant mid-event communication capabilities
The app's instant communication capabilities enabled event managers to notify guests when a certain restaurant or ride has a shorter wait time than another. In addition to regulating traffic flow in the park, this also keeps event participants happy.
- Automatic collection of valuable analytical data
Thinking long-term, one of the biggest advantages of this app is its built-in ability to collect valuable user data. By knowing exactly how people are interacting with the app, Disney can make improvements to future planned events. This analytical data can also be leveraged for marketing and sales insights.